Monday, August 19, 2013

"Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch. Each of us can be true for just one day--and then one more and then one more after that--until we've lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness."

Every day that passes I love my mission more and more. Sometimes when I look at all the things that I have to do, the people I have to talk to, the things I have to remember I get really stressed out. But as I remember the little things and try to do things slowly but surely, I feel better and I see a lot more success!!!  I´m learning how to take life one day at a time.

This week was a great week. We taught Valmir a lot, and he has decided to take a step of faith by marking his baptism for Saturday the 24th. We had marked his baptism for yesterday and we kept insisting. We know your baptism is going to be on Sunday, and we made a circle on his calender at home, but the only thing he ever answered was I want to be baptized before the end of the year. But as we taught he said look on Sunday I´m going to meet my sister (because he´s never met her before) but let´s mark it for Saturday the 24th!!!!! WOAH we are sooooooo happy for him and his FAMILY. We know that he doesn´t have 100% surety of what he is doing, but he decided to take a step of faith. We read the baptismal interview questions and he has a testimony of Joseph Smith and of the church. He wanted to feel 100% sure, but we explained that many times we aren´t going to feel 100% sure. What Heavenly Father really asks for all of us to do is to go on faith. This week I started to see this in many instances of our investigators and recent converts. Sometimes it may be about leaving something behind or about having the courage to act, or it may be about breaking barriers (Improve what we already are doing) Whatever it might be we have to do it because of the faith that we have. I know that Heavenly Father is willing to bless us and help us in every aspect of our lives when we are willing to show our faith and do the things that he asks of us. 

Whatever may be happening in your lives, GO BY FAITH!!!!!!!!

Love,

Desi

No comments:

Post a Comment